Safe Ratings and Info
Burglary & Fire Safe Ratings and Information
Burglary & Fire safe performance ratings, what do they mean? Burglary & Fire safe classifications specify how resistant a safe is to its intended threat
1) Used safes sell for significantly less than new safes.
A lot of money can be saved by purchasing a used safe.
2) Good quality safes have a very long lifespan.
There is no sacrifice in terms of quality or lifespan when you purchase a used safe.
3) At Maximum Lock we inspect and service every used safe that we sell.
We either service the lock mechanism or replace it with a new one. In many cases we paint our used safes. A fully serviced and repainted safe will look like new and operate like new.
4) A used safe provides the same protection as a new safe.
5) For people on a budget, buying a used safe can mean that they can afford the safe that they really need.
This means that customers can avoid the temptation to purchase a fire safe, which can easily be opened by a burglar and get the burglary rated safe that they really need.
6) At Maximum Lock, we are ‘safe experts’ and we can quickly evaluate your needs.
In many cases, we will have a used safe in stock that will fill your needs.
7) At Maximum Lock, we take trade-ins.
That means that we can take your used safe in trade for a larger, smaller or better safe to meet your changing needs.
8) We always have a large selection of used safes in stock.
Sometimes safes come and go so quickly that we don’t have time to get pictures and details up on the website. If you don’t see what you need on the website, call us. We probably already have what you need.
9) We have a large number of contacts across the country.
If we don’t have the used safe that you need in stock, we can usually locate one for you.
10) Insurance companies approve the use of used safes that have the necessary labels.
11) We have a lot of product on hand at all times.
Safes are a major part of our business. Unlike most of our competitors, we have a huge selection.
12) We are safe experts.
We service safes, repair safes, modify safes, re-combo safes, rebuild safes, open safes, deliver and bolt down safes, move and relocate safes, and even cut holes in concrete floors or cut open walls to install safes.
13) We will not misrepresent the rating or category of any safe that we sell.
We will explain what each safe will do and what it won’t do. We will also accurately state the quality of each safe that a customer considers.
Below we have provided some information to help you decide on the appropriate safe for your application.
Performance Ratings – Fire Classifications
2 Hour Rating
1 Hour Rating
Performance Ratings – Burglary Classifications
Performance Ratings – Construction Classifications
Steel, doors at least 1 inch thick, walls at least 1/2 inch thick.
Steel, doors at least 1 1/2 inches thick, walls at least 1 inch thick.
Safe or chest labelled with: “UL Inspected Torch and Explosive Resisting Safe TX 60 Burglary” or “UL Inspected Torch Resisting Safe TR 60 Burglary” or “UL Inspected Torch and Tool Resisting Safe TRTL 30 Burglary”